- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into large florets, similar in size to a chicken wing.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe’s Elote seasoning (optional)**adding this makes this NOT VEGAN. To make a vegan elote seasoning, mix: nutritional yeast, cayenne or chipotle chili powder, coriander & cumin powders. Dehydrated lime/citric acid/ or fresh lime recommended as well. (If fresh add to the batter or at the end for a extra tangy zip)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Fresno Pepper Sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons melted butter (Vegan alternative-Earth Balance, etc.)
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving
- Carrots, celery sticks and grapes for serving
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Use parchment paper or grease a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, water, garlic powder, paprika and elote seasoning in a bowl until batter is smooth. Add cauliflower to batter and toss to coat. If cauliflower is too wet and batter is runny then drain in a colander. This will prevent sogginess.
3. Spread cauliflower onto the baking sheet in a single layer, season with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping over halfway through for even baking.
4. In another small bowl, whisk hot sauce, melted butter until well combined. Brush the buffalo sauce mixture on the cauliflower. Save any leftover buffalo sauce mixture to use at the end.
5. Return to the oven and bake until they start to brown, about 10-15 minutes.
6. Serve hot with ranch dressing/blue cheese, celery carrots, and grapes if desired. I like to add some of the leftover sauce mixture in my ranch and even on top of the cauliflower for an extra kick.
Recipe sourced from Feel Good Foodie