- 12 small yellow, red or white potatoes ( I used a 1.5 lb bag of little potatoes from Dynamic Duo-Little Potato Company)
- 6 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (I use Wild Child Herbs Golden Milk mix)
- Paprika or smoked paprika and parsley, for garnish
1. Add the potatoes to a pot of water and bring to a boil for 12 – 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender and you can easily pierce them to the center with a sharp knife. The time it takes to boil the potatoes will vary depending on their size. Drain the potatoes and rinse with cool water.
2. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each on in half lengthwise. Then use the large scoop of a melon baller, small spoon or a pointed tip peeler (which is what I had used) to scoop out a little crater in each potato. Put the scooped out potato flesh in a medium bowl.
3. Now take the bowl of potato flesh and add the vegan mayonnaise, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, and turmeric/golden milk powder. Mix together with a potato masher or fork until completely smooth and mixed well. As the potato mixture can vary in quantity due to the size of potatoes and the amount you scoop out, feel free to adjust the ingredient quantities to taste.
4. You can either use a pastry bag or just a spoon to fill each potato. If using pastry bag: attach a large star tip and fill a pastry bag with the mashed potato mixture. Squeeze a dollop into the crater of each potato half. If using a spoon: simply scoop a small spoonful of the mashed potato mixture into the well of each potato half. If using a ziplock bag: Fill bag with mixture. Squeeze to the bottom of one side of bag. Snip a small cut in the bottom corner of bag. Squeeze dollop in the crater of each potato half.
Garnish the filled potatoes with paprika & parsley as desired. Serve right away, or cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe source: https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-deviled-potatoes/